Ok, I don’t know how many “parts” there are going to be on this topic, but I suspect that this won’t be the last.
Last week I got irritated that one of Obama’s first acts as President was to implement a ban on off-shore oil drilling. How can a person stand up in front of the entire world and give an inaugural address in which he states that one of his goals is to decrease our dependence on the foreign energy sources of America’s enemies, then turn around and essentially shoot us in the foot by limiting our ability to access our own energy sources?!?!?!? This INCREASES that dependence AND cuts jobs!
This morning, he gave a 10 minute speech on changing our energy sources and decreasing our energy consumption. Those are great goals, but his actions say differently, so far.
But what’s REALLY bothering me is his stupidity when it comes to the economy!
Just this morning, Obama himself said that there’s a need for “urgent action” on the current “economic crisis.” He’s right about that. What this economy needs RIGHT NOW is a defibrillator! Yet none of his proposed plans do anything to stimulate the economy RIGHT NOW!
He’s proposing a $7 TRILLION dollar plan that does absolutely nothing to create new jobs that would replace any of those lost. (By the way, this is DEFICIT spending, which is what Democrats and fiscally conservative Republicans were griping about under the Bush Presidency.)
Producing better schools and making college more accessible is a worthy goal. But education spending is a focus on the future – NOT the here and now.
Creating cleaner, cheaper energy sources is a worthy goal. But again, that is a focus on the future, not on the here and now when people are loosing their jobs and their homes.
Obama’s “tax cuts” are nothing more than thinly disguised welfare.
Obama’s insistence that government is the answer to our problems is just stinkin’ thinkin’! It’s government that got us in the mess in the first place! How about getting out of the way and letting the Free Markets work the way they’re supposed to to get us out of this mess?
How about enacting the FairTax?
- The FairTax will allow poor & middle class workers to take home their entire paycheck! Now that is a real “here and now” tax cut that will provide a stimulus where it’s needed most!
- The FairTax, through the prebate, will ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level.
- The FairTax will remove the burden of tax forms, laws, compliance, and payments from the shoulders of the citizens.
- The FairTax will provide the means and incentive for business to create more jobs. (By the way, Obama’s plan to cut Capital Gains taxes for corporations is a farce – corporations don’t pay Capital Gains taxes!) These are real, permanent jobs that businesses create to replace those that have been lost. Or even reopen the positions that have previously been cut!!
- The FairTax will provide a big shot in the arm for the economy, because it will boost consumer confidence, and all that capital sitting in off shore accounts to avoid the punitive US tax system will come back!
- All those jobs that keep moving to other countries will come back to the US, because the current tax code which punishes success will be gone!
- Lastly, the FairTax will INCREASE the revenues collected by government (because the GDP is always bigger than incomes) AND save the government bookoos of money (yes, I know, I’m using such technical economic verbiage!) because it no longer has to try to catch the cheaters among the (estimated) 115 US households!
Other countries don’t want the US to implement the Fair Tax. Because WHEN we do, they’ll loose all those jobs and businesses and capital that had previously left the US for those foreign shores. Not only that, but more businesses will move to the US because it will offer a better tax environment – even for non-US companies!
Visit my earlier post about the FairTax.
More importantly, please visit the FAQ page of the FairTax.org website to get more details about how the FairTax would be a better stimulul plan, and to see what you can do to help!